Rev. John Morgans and his wife Rhodana were married
1971 And then moved to Liberty, MO in 1971. They started having Bible studies in their home on Ridge. Eventually, they were able to use a house on 737 Elm St. free of charge as a place of worship for the church they had started.
1972 Started holding church services in the house on the first Sunday of the year. In February, 1972, our church was the first church in Missouri to be a recipient of the "Christmas for Christ" funds.
1976 The church moved to 1310 E. Hwy. 10 in a place called "The Party Room." We stayed here for the next three years while the church worked to raise money.
1979 Ground breaking event took place at our current location on March 25th, 1979, and the church became a corporation on July 2nd, 1979. The first service held in our very own building was on December 15th, 1979. The church is still located at 1315 Nashua Rd next to the Liberty water tower.
2009 Pastor Morgans retired on June 7th, 2009 after almost 40 years of service unto God and the church.
Gary Dornbach was voted in as the new pastor, and he and his wife, Jaqueline, and their 7-month old daughter, Kiera, moved to Missouri from Wisconsin to become Lead Pastor (Please click the "About Our Pastor" tab to learn more about Pastor Gary Dornbach and his family).
2010 The United Pentecostal Church of Liberty changed its name to "Refuge Church." Refuge Church is still a proud member of the United Pentecostal Church International organization!